Baan Surin Sawan is an exquisite sea-view villa set in a tranquil hillside estate just minutes away from the sands of Surin Beach on Phuket’s beautiful west coast. Brimming with elegance and a fascinating collection of art and artefacts from around the world, this four-bedroom, fully staffed villa embraces easy, yet luxurious, tropical living. Sawan is Thai for ‘Heaven’; and with this stunning blend of tropical setting, enchanting contemporary Thai design and dazzling sunset views, it’s not hard to see why Baan Surin Sawan is so aptly named.
Traditional Thai pitched-roof pavilions front the villa’s private and communal accommodation which is configured in three spacious bedroom suites, a comfortable and inviting living room, fully-equipped entertainment room, modern kitchen and functional dining room, while tropical outdoor living focuses around the villa’s refreshing 10-metre pool.
Throughout Baan Surin Sawan, intricate hangings adorn the walls, alongside embroidered fabrics, African masks and other works of art sourced from around the world – testament to the owner’s travels. An extensive use of wood, marble, stone and other natural materials combine with floor mosaics and eye-catching design details to give the villa a distinctive flair.
Baan Surin Sawan is staffed with a full-time Thai chef who prepares delicious meals daily, two maids and a villa manager who will be pleased to assist with guests’ holiday requirements both in the villa and beyond.
- Long pavilion with pitched-roofs housing the living and dining area spanning the length of the pool on the upper level and opening out onto the pool terrace
- Dining room with large ten-seater rattan table
- Full-service kitchen with granite bench tops and stainless steel appliances
- Entertainment room downstairs with surround-sound system, 42inch flat-screen TV, beanbags and comfortable sofas that can convert into beds
- Pantry stocked with drinks and snacks
- 10m infinity pool with shallow end and swim-up bar
- Peak-roofed sala (gazebo) with ceiling fans and comfortable seating
- Sand washed sundeck stretching between the villa’s main pavilion and the pool
- Separate fan-cooled sala with dining table for six and a BBQ
- King-sized bed four-poster bed swathed in silky golden gauze
- Sea view position with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto the pool
- Built-in sofa and spacious dressing room
- Ensuite bathroom with sunken terrazzo Jacuzzi tub, rain shower, ceramic basins and private garden area
- Two king-sized bedrooms downstairs featuring comfortable seating, private balconies, extravagant ensuite bathrooms and private garden areas
- Double-bedded fourth guest bedroom (which doubles as a study), featuring garden views and adjoining (not ensuite) bathroom
Baan Surin Sawan enjoys a prime position within the 18-villa Baan Thai Surin Hill estate, with panoramic views over Surin and Bang Tao Bays, divided by the lush headland that’s home to the prestigious Amanpuri resort.
Nearby Surin Beach is one of Phuket’s finest, with 800-metres of golden sand lapped by the turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, while its surrounding roads offer more superb dining choices, spas, and boutique shops.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
KAY R, THAILAND