With a fabulous location right in the heart of Seminyak, this stylish 5-bedroom villa offers a luxurious, tropical space ideal for family and friends wanting instant access to all the action of Bali’s cosmopolitan hub. An easy walk brings you to the buzzing district known as ‘Eat Street’, home to a plethora of world class restaurants bars, and designer boutiques. Fabled Oberoi Beach, with its legendary surf breaks, golden sand and iconic beach club, Ku De Da, is less than a kilometre from the villa.
A unique design showcases traditional Indonesian aesthetics, with the adoption of Javanese joglos (traditional wooden houses,) intricately carved from honey hued teak. Contemporary western touches include floor to ceiling glass windows that allow natural light to stream through, enhancing the rich detail of these beautiful, century-old buildings. The owner is an artist and jewellery designer, and some of her unique creations are on display at Shambala, and available for purchase.
The single story property includes a main building with two bedrooms, and a separate guest house with three bedrooms, set at either end of a majestic 19m swimming pool lined with stately palms and manicured lawns. A poolside spa pavilion sets the scene for traditional massage, and specialised Ayurvedic treatments by skilled therapists. Stone statues, tropical foliage and atmospheric garden bathrooms throughout the villa further evoke the spirit of the enchanted isles of Indonesia.
A stunning, customised kitchen makes a convivial gathering place, with a cutting edge design incorporating extensive breakfast counter, stylish fittings and every imaginable gadget one could possibly need to cook up a banquet of the highest order. However, with a talented in-house cook most guests are content to be spoiled with gourmet meals prepared from an enticing suggestion menu. Equally, a full contingent of housekeepers, waiting staff, gardeners and security staff provide a welcoming, efficient and unobtrusive service.
- Spacious, air conditioned main living area overlooking the swimming pool, with a large U-shaped sofa built into the four pillars of a century-old joglo
- Air conditioned dining room with teakwood table and ten chairs crafted in woven bamboo
- Chic, custom-designed kitchen with wooden counters and stylish modern fittings
- TV lounge with DVD player and surround sound located in main house and guest house
- Dedicated spa pavilion with Ayurvedic treatments and traditional massage available
- 19m swimming pool majestically bordered by palm trees
- An oversized outdoor circular sofa and coffee table on the timber pool veiled by a shade sail
- Two poolside pavilions draped in sheer white curtains, one with seating and one with sun-loungers
- Extensive, well tended lawns fringed by tropical gardens filled with stone lamps and statues, beautifully lit up in the evenings
- Picturesque lilly pond with stepping stones
THE MASTER BEDROOM
- Queen-size bed built into the hand carved, multi tiered core of an antique joglo, with high ceiling magically illuminated at night
- His and her’s walk in dressing rooms
- Semi-outdoor garden bathroom with outdoor tub framed by frangipani trees and orchids
- Air conditioned
- Queen-size four poster beds
- Generous open air garden bathrooms with bath tubs and rain showers
- Air conditioned
- Mosquito nets
- Smooth timber floors
Villa Shambala is in one of the most sought-after locations in Bali, offering you a complete hidden paradise in Seminyak’s ‘Golden Triangle’.
The villa is just minutes from Seminyak’s main street, Jalan Kayu Aya (also called Jalan Laksmana, Oberoi or ‘Eat Street’), where an impressive array of dining and entertainment options abound. Trendy boutiques, supermarkets and ATMs are all within a short walk of the villa, as are some of the island’s best known entertainment and dining venues, including Ku De Ta, W Hotel, La Lucciola, Potatohead beach club and other glamorous Seminyak staples.
Villa Shambala is also just 500 metres from the beach, where you can enjoy a variety of water sports, long seaside walks and beautiful Bali sunsets.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
FIONA T, AUSTRALIA