This luxurious retreat, with its Garden-of-Eden setting, pays homage to its Balinese heritage while providing guests with every modern comfort. Echoing the lush green rice terraces that surround it, the enchanting three-bedroom Villa Pangi Gita gently slopes down to the banks of the ‘singing’ Pangi River in the sleepy rural village of Pererenan, south-west Bali.
Designed for relaxation, peace and privacy, Villa Pangi Gita presents traditional-style living and sleeping pavilions featuring polished teak and terrazzo floors, vaulted ceilings, iron-wood shingle roofs, and floor-to-ceiling windows that open out to the emerald green surrounds. Luxuriant terraced gardens, brimming with exotic blooms, flow down to the river, and tranquil water features complement the serenity of the setting. The owner’s impressive collection of Asian antiques and superior furnishings presents a unique sense of style and demonstrates the love and commitment that has gone into the creation of this luxury villa.
There’s plenty of space to unwind and relax at Villa Pangi Gita, and guests will no doubt be reluctant to stray far from the elegant open-sided living pavilion, the cosy media room or the blissful balé (relaxation pavilion) that overlooks the inviting free-form swimming pool at the river’s edge. However, a stroll through the charming village and captivating rice terraces, along with a sunset drink at nearby surfer’s haunt Echo Beach, should not be missed.
“Welcome to Paradise” is Villa Pangi Gita's official greeting, and the warm smiles of the staff, the hypnotic sounds of flowing water and the sheer beauty of this little piece of paradise are bound to delight families, attract couples and seduce even the most hardened workaholic into restful submission.
- Open-sided living pavilion with traditional two-tier roof, cream terrazzo floors and comfortable cushioned lounge
- Handsome teak-filled dining pavilion with table accommodating up to eight people
- Air-conditioned study/media room with TV, DVD player and Music system
- Equipped kitchen with marble breakfast bar and two stools
- Sweeping stone terrazzo staircase leading to the garden and pool
- Beautifully landscaped and manicured tropical gardens with an abundance of colourful plants and flowers
- Green-stone free-form pool situated at the border of the garden and the river bank
- Traditional poolside balé
- Pool terrace with sun loungers and umbrella, plus secluded riverside terrace
- Alfresco dining
- Located in a very private pavilion close to the river, Villa Pangi Gita's master bedroom is perfect for honeymooners
- Furnished with a queen-size four-poster bed and featuring a polished teak floor, vaulted ceiling, generous dressing room and glass doors that open onto a furnished terrace above the pool
- Equipped with TV, DVD player and stereo; air conditioned and fan cooled
- Air-conditioned bathroom with his-and-hers vanities, separate WC, a huge tiled tub and secluded massage deck
- Peacefully situated towards the rear of the property
- One king and one queen-size four-poster beds, polished teak floors, vaulted ceilings and sliding glass doors opening onto veranda furnished with daybed and reading chair
- Both rooms equipped with TV/DVD players, air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Balinese-style enclosed garden bathrooms with rain showers and bathtubs
Secluded and private, Villa Pangi Gita lies beside the banks of the Pangi River in the traditional Balinese village of Pererenan. One of eight properties within the well-established Pangi River Estate, the villa is surrounded by the picturesque rice terraces of the popular district of Canggu.
Remarkably laid-back and undeveloped, this tranquil out-of-town setting offers the twin attractions of being only 20 minutes' drive from the bright lights and dining delights of Seminyak, while also offering visitors a privileged insight into the traditions of rural Bali.
The nearby beaches are renowned for their legendary sunsets and world class surf breaks.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
SCOTT O, UNITED STATES