The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
It’s not difficult to fall in love with Villa Asmara. Named after the Sanskrit word for love, this enchanting rural sanctuary overlooks the tranquil rice fields and rugged shores of the sleepy village of Cemagi that worships its very own sea temple, Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus. Perhaps it’s the large wise Buddha gazing across the gorgeous greenstone swimming pool, or the sound of crashing waves in the distance, or the exotic tropical gardens, but one thing is certain, guests will be spellbound by the warmth and energy of Villa Asmara. Whether you want to rekindle your spirits, reconnect with family, inject some romance or simply indulge in sheer luxury, Villa Asmara will make your wishes come true.
Set snugly between the beach and the terraced rice fields of Cemagi on Bali’s southwest coast, this four-bedroom ocean-view villa marries traditional Balinese architecture with the comforts of modern living. Guests are treated to a beautiful and luxurious home in a serene and peaceful environment, featuring an open-sided lounge and dining room, large swimming pool, games room with billiard table, tennis court, media room and four spacious air-conditioned bedrooms with ensuite garden bathrooms, this fully staffed villa is the ideal choice for families and friends craving peace and privacy.
Not only will you fall in love with Asmara, you’re likely to become quite attached to its staff too. From poolside cocktails to five-course dinners served by your very own villa attendants, all you need to do is lie back and relax.
Minutes from the sea
Private but not secluded
Great for families
"From the moment we arrived the wonderful team here at Villa Asmara made us feel welcome in every way. Our bellies full every day with each delicious meal plus beautiful surroundings to enjoy them. Our stay here for the past week was been perfect. One day hopefully we can come back. Thank you Villa Asmara we love you."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 08-Jun-2018.
Features and amenities
- Open-sided lounge area with L-shaped sofa and Javanese daybed cooled by ceiling fans
- Eight-seat dining teak dining table
- Fully-equipped kitchen with black granite surfaces and stainless steel appliances
- Four seater marble dining table for casual dining
- Games room with billiard and card tables
- Air-conditioned media room with Bose sound system, huge plasma-screen satellite TV and DVD player, furnished with couches and featuring an adjoining balcony
- 12m green-stone swimming pool surrounded by huge immaculately manicured lawns
- Sun lounging areas
- Shared tennis court
- Heavenly tropical gardens
Master Suite One
- Queen-sized bed with wooden head panel
- Views over rice paddies and onto the mountains in the distance
- Polished teak floors
- Large cupboards
- Ensuite with Jacuzzi bath and rice paddy views
Master Suite Two
- King-sized bedroom with alang-alang roof polished wood floors and romantic decor
- Window seat and glass sliding doors opening onto the verandah
- Ensuite featuring twin basins, indoor shower and Jacuzzi bathtub with windows that open onto a secluded garden featuring an outdoor shower
- Air-conditioned & fan-cooled
- Two similar bedrooms sitting side by side each with a four-poster king-sized bed dressed with antique lace
- Semi-outdoor garden shower room
- High-vaulted ceiling and glass sliding doors
- Air-conditioned & fan-cooled
Villa Asmara is situated about 100m away from the sea on Bali’s south-west coast, just beyond the sleepy village of Cemagi. The glistening black volcanic-sand shores and rocky outcrops are also home to the small, but picturesque sea temple of Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus. While strong currents make the water here unsuitable for swimming, there are plenty of rock pools to explore and seaside walks to be had.
This is the perfect environment to take a stroll or bike ride through the surrounding rice fields and experience the traditional Balinese way of life; you are bound to witness a village ceremony or two as you explore.
Despite its rural setting, the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak. World famous Echo Beach is also within easy reach (10 minutes by car), where guests can enjoy the laidback surfer vibe, an ice-cold beer and some incredible sunsets.
Things to do
Your villa manager, Nyoman, will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Asmara.
The villa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot (9km). Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
Fashionistas, trendies shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including, Potato Head Beach club, La Lucciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. The beaches of Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions