Sohamsa Ocean Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Poised on a cliff-top commanding stupendous views of the ocean, Sohamsa Ocean Estate comprises the five-bedroom Villa Soham and four-bedroom Villa Hamsa. The villas are set in an exclusive enclave on the southernmost part of the Bukit peninsula – a still-unspoilt slice of Bali that’s only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and some world-famous surf breaks.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate owes its name to a Sanskrit mantra: ‘Soham’ – and its inversion ‘ham-sa’ (translating as ‘I am he’) – suggests oneness with the universe. It’s an inspired name, as the villas’ magical setting sparks mindfulness and an appreciation of nature’s bounty. Within both beautifully designed villas are abundant living and dining spaces (both formal and casual, air-conditioned and alfresco), generous air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, large infinity pools, and well-equipped gyms and massage rooms.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym, working up a sweat in the sauna and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a morning of activity, you’ll deserve a leisurely lunch in the poolside pavilion, and a siesta on the deck followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or kayak, then sink into a deep relaxing bath with breathtaking ocean views, before adjourning to the pool pavilion for sunset cocktails and a seafood barbecue prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a ten-strong staff dedicated to making your time at Sohamsa really special.
Click on these links to find out more about the two stunning properties that make up Sohamsa Ocean Estate: four-bedroom Villa Hamsa and five-bedroomed Villa Soham, or visit the Sohamsa Ocean Estate website to see how the villas can be combined to meet your holiday or event requirements. When both villas are rented together they can sleep up to 18 guests and are perfect for multiple families or groups of friends holidaying together. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, most of the bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 07-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- The villas have individual main entrances and parking areas and are connected via two gates in their gardens.
- Both villas have living pavilions with spacious lounge and dining areas.
- Villa Soham has a media room while there’s a TV area in Hamsa’s living pavilion.
- Located at Villa Soham, both villas share a well-equipped kitchen, with discreet staff areas.
- Both villas share a gym and a massage room at Villa Soham. Soham also has a sauna and steam room.
- Both villas have large ironwood-decked terraces with stunning sea views.
- Both villas have alfresco dining terraces.
- Both villas have large swimming pools with sun terrace.
- Soham has a huge open-sided entertainment pavilion by the pool, with comfy seating and a kitchenette and barbecue area.
- All bedrooms are generously sized, and most have their own terrace.
- All are air-conditioned and have overhead fans
- All have TVs with cable channels.
- Huge emperor-sided beds in both master bedrooms; beds are king-size, though all but one of the guest bedrooms can also be set up as twins.
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms, monsoon showers, and ocean-vista bathtubs in most.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean – seemingly miles away from the island’s busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.
Things to do
The Sohamsa Ocean Estate gives guests the best of both worlds location-wise – a private Bali cliff-top setting yet with a great choice of activities within half an hour's drive or less. Our villa manager will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too; most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life. For now, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Sohamsa Ocean Estate.
- Until recently, the white sands and warm, protected waters of Pandawa Beach were visited only by locals and seaweed farmers. A paved (toll) road cut through the cliff has recently made this beautiful beach, which lies immediately below the estate, much more accessible.
- Among other local beaches is the famous surf beach at Uluwatu. Not quite as spectacular but equally alluring are the beaches of Bingin and Padang Padang. Beautiful white sand bays with rock pools and a host of local cafés.
- Soar above the spectacular southern coastline of the Bukit Peninsula on a Paraglider. Paragliding courses and solo flying for the experienced are available as well as tandem flights in the safe hands of experienced instructors. The training centre is at Timbis Beach on the south coast of the Bukit.
- Perched on a cliff 70m above the roaring Indian ocean, Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu) is one of Bali's nine key directional temples. Facing west and with steep headlands on either side creating an unbelievably dramatic setting. Get there in good time for Sunset to watch the enthralling Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs 'Make and Paint a Pot' sessions where 'Children' of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- For golf enthusiasts, the New Kuta Golf Club (11km) features an 18-hole course overlooking the ocean.
- Both five star and local restaurants are plentiful and close by. Bulgari and Ayana resorts are among the favourites and the Rock Bar at Ayana is a must-see for sunset cocktails. Finns at Semara has a beach club for more casual dining.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner. Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably PJ’s, the charming beachside restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, serving Mediterranean-styled cuisine. And Balique on Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran is a delightful vintage restaurant serving great food and cool cocktails.
- Nusa Dua's Bali Collection mall has a host of local boutiques and a department store. Heading towards Kuta (about 40 minutes) brings you to Galleria shopping mall while nearby Tuban has Discovery Mall and streets lined with local shops. Seminyak boutiques are about an hour away.
- Learn to surf or stand up paddle at Jimbaran Bay, a great place for beginners. Rip Curl School of Surf offers day courses and provides all the equipment.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions