Majapahit Beach - Villa Maya4 Bedroom Villa, Sanur-Ketewel, Bali, Indonesia
from USD 510 ++ per night
From the shade of towering coconut palms at the water's edge, Villa Maya gazes across the ocean to the distant island of Nusa Penida. With ocean views from its bedrooms, an unbelievably romantic self-contained 'honeymoon' suite housed in an antique wooden joglo within the garden, and an impeccable team of staff, guests at this luxurious four-bedroom, beachfront haven on Bali's south-east coast will want for nothing.
Villa Maya's two-storey main building is nobly decked out with hardwood floors, antiques and very inviting soft furnishings; its central living and dining area leading out to the garden and 12-metre pool via two jacuzzi tubs – one of them indulgently positioned indoors. Three romantic bedrooms with opulent bathrooms, offer views of the sea from between the sheets.
An open-sided pavilion overlooking the ocean at the far end of the garden provides an alternative living and dining space, and it's here that many of your meals are likely to be served, although candlelit dinners under palm trees and stars on the seaside deck are also very special.
It comes as no surprise that Villa Maya is a much-sought-after wedding venue. The beautifully ornate, antique wooden joglo within the villa's grounds, complete with delightful bedroom, living and dining space, a kitchen and an 8-metre private pool, makes the ultimate honeymoon suite, while the joglo's large lawn space and waterfront deck provide the perfect backdrop for the most romantic of nuptials.
Being one of three private homes for rental on the exclusive Majapahit Beach Villas estate, fully staffed by a professional team including a manager, personal on-call butlers, a chef and daily housekeeping, Villa Maya is perfect for groups of friends, families with older children, brides and grooms and wedding guests.
With its absolute oceanfront position, exotic tropical island views, eclectic interiors and five-star service, Villa Maya will make your Bali holiday dream come true.
- Fan-cooled living and dining room bordering the swimming pool, with folding glass doors, Satellite TV and hi fi system, sofas and occasional furniture
- Sunken Jacuzzi extending into the living space and overflowing into the pool to create an attractive water feature
- Dining area overlooking a fish pond, furnished with a solid table and six planter chairs
- Colourful local artwork, woodcarvings and antiques throughout the villa
- Fully equipped kitchen adjoining the dining room
- Charming open-sided living pavilion in the garden,with colourful beaded lanterns, large cushioned daybed and two circular dining tables and armchairs
- Walled garden with manicured lawns fringed by towering coconut palms, pandanas, fragrant frangipanis and flowering shrubs.
- 14m swimming pool, outdoor shower, sun loungers and sunbrellas
- Open-sided draped massage pavilion with massage bed
- Large timber deck set on a beachside buff, with stone steps leading down to the black-sand beach. Furnished with a daybed, a balé and an alfresco dining table with six cane chairs
- Occupies entire upper floor, under a soaring pitched roof
- King-size bed, desk and chair
- Satellite TV/DVD/CD player
- Glass doors opening onto timber balcony with sofa and loungers
- Panoramic sea views
- Air conditioned
- Ensuite with bathtub, shower and two separate dressing rooms
- Two identical air conditioned guest bedrooms on ground floor
- Each furnished with king-size bed, desk and chair
- Satellite TV/DVD/CD player
- Magnificent carved wooden doors
- Terraces with twin loungers
- Stunning semi open-air bathrooms with water features, bath tubs and rain showers
JOGLO (BRIDAL SUITE)
- Ornately carved, antique Indonesian timber house with private beachside setting
- Air conditioned bedroom with king-size bed and flat-screen TV
- Shady open-sided living room with hardwood floors and richly carved ceilings
- Bright tropical gardens with 8 x 2.6m plunge pool
- Waterfront deck furnished with built-in couches shaded by a canvas canopy, sun loungers and bean bags
- Steps leading down to the black-sand beach
Majapahit Beach Villas are located at Pabean Beach down a narrow lane off the Klungkung Bypass, which runs along the east coast and is also known as the Sunrise Road. Bounded by the River Wos, rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, the area is blessed with spectacular views extending across the ocean towards the beaches of Sanur and Nusa Dua, the islands of Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida, and the mountains of East Bali.
Pabean was once a small port through which oriental traders brought their products; at low tide you can still see the structure of the old harbour. This glistening black sand stretch of coastline is popular with surfers and beachcombers but swirling currents and a lack of lifeguards make it unsuitable for swimming for all but the most confident of swimmers.
The nearby village of Ketewel is the origin of the celebrated Legong Bededari Dance, and the neighbouring village of Saba produced the finest Legong dancers on the island. There are no Western-style restaurants in this area, but there are plenty of local warungs (eateries), while international restaurants, shops galore can be found just 13km away in Sanur. Also the location is in between Seminyak and the cultural capital of Bali, Ubud and just 5 -10 minutes from all the famous traditional villages of Mas, Sukawati, Batubulan and Batuan for all handicraft shopping.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
YEU YUN L, SINGAPORE