If you're looking for a lavish entertainment villa with bells and whistles, this is it! Cocooned within the exclusive Laksmana Estate enclave moments from Seminyak beach, the three-bedroom Villa Ramadewa is the epitome of contemporary tropical living promising magic the moment you set eyes on the stunning glass cantilevered entrance door and snake past the 'Play of the Tango' wire sculpture in the hallway. Traditional Balinese design elements such as alang-alang (thatched) vaulted pavilions, ornately carved teakwood dining bale, ornamental ponds and water features co-exist with stunning museum-worthy artefacts, contemporary art installations, and an astonishing array of high-tech gadgets.
Where else would you find a temperature-controlled wine room, or dedicated music control room with centralized Bose sound system and iPad control? An iPod in every room and Apple TVs with hundreds of movies? Uber-chic Philippe Starck bathrooms? And a well equipped study complete with iMac and separate WiFi system?
Named after one of the key characters in the Hindu epic the Ramayana, Villa Ramadewa showcases the owner's extraordinary collection of museum-quality treasures from around the Indonesian archipelago – among them metres-high stone carvings from Sumba, an amphibious wooden horse from Bali's Karangasem regency, and a stone dog from Nias. Heritage artefacts adorn every surface – even alcoves in the WC and shower enclosures.
For a three-bedroom pad in Seminyak's heart, Ramadewa offers a generous amount of space, with huge swimming pool surrounded by manicured lawns and a raised gym and oh-so-private sun-bathing deck. Turquoise-liveried butlers are at your beck and call, 24/7, and from their fiefdom of the state-of-the-art teak and black kitchen two chefs whip up meals that will keep you happily dining in-villa rather than taking the short stroll to La Lucciola, Sarong, Metis or Ku De Ta.
- Huge vaulted ling and dining pavilion with walls of glass doors that open for tropical fan-cooled living or close for air-conditioned comfort
- Table for eight and masses of comfortable sofas
- Bose/iMac sound system linked to sound docks in each room, with iPad control
- Elegant colonnaded walkway linking the two pavilions, with daybeds set in alcoves
- Fully equipped office on the second level of the bedroom pavilion, with Bang & Olufsen Skype phone, Apple Mac, multi-function printer, separate WiFi system, and 46-inch TV with DVD player, Apple TV and iPod dock
- Air-conditioned gym elevated above the walkway
- 17m x 6m swimming pool facing a manicured lawn decorated with towering stone carvings from the island of Sumba
- Huge poolside deck with loungers and umbrellas
- Ornamental ponds
- Ornately carved antique teakwood bale suspended over the pool for alfresco dining
- Rooftop sundeck with loungers and umbrellas, above colonnaded walkway
- Second-level air-conditioned master suite
- 50-inch TV with DVD player and Apple TV giving access to hundreds of movies, iPod, Bose iPod dock
- Huge walk-in wardrobe with kimonos and slippers for guest use
- Large air-conditioned bathroom with statement bathtub positioned under circular rooflight, vanity with twin basins, shower enclosure, and stunning Philippe Starck fittings. Plus yet another Bose iPod dock
- Adjacent terrace with enormous daybed looking down onto the pool and garden
TWO GUEST SUITES
- Two high-spec air-conditioned guest suites on the ground level of the bedroom pavilion, with floor-to-ceiling doors that open onto the lawn
- Queen beds dressed in quality bedlinen
- 29-inch and 32-inch TVs, DVD players, iPods, Bose sound docks, mood lighting
- Air-conditioned bathrooms with Philippe Starck fixtures and both indoor and outdoor showers
Villa Ramadewa sits securely within the prestigious Laksmana Estate in the heart of Seminyak’s Golden Triangle. A five-minute walk away is Pettitenget Beach, renowned for its spectacular surf breaks; the beach stretches for kilometres in either direction – southwards to the popular beaches of Seminyak, Legian and Kuta and northwards to Batubelig, Canggu and beyond. La Lucciola is only moments away, and Ku De Ta, Sarong and other much-lauded restaurants and bars are within easy walking distance. Villa guests are also well placed to enjoy the boutiques and spas of Seminyak without the need for transport.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
CAROLINE S, AUSTRALIA