The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Kalimaya I is nothing short of an oasis – a stately five-bedroom villa set within a sprawling tropical Balinese garden, and only minutes from the heart of bustling Seminyak. Set on an estate of four luxury villas, Kalimaya I is the jewel in the crown of this exceptional fully staffed estate.
Kalimaya I, like each of the villas, is beautifully appointed, exuding luxury, elegance and comfort and is lovingly looked after by a professional and highly-trained team of staff to ensure that every guest receives first-class service, capturing the essence of Balinese hospitality. Beyond the walls of your serene, private and luxurious tropical sanctuary, guests can revel in sophisticated Seminyak, one of the world’s premiere dining and shopping destinations.
Kalimaya I exhibits a distinct flair for interior decoration with a keen attention to detail combining to create a perfectly balanced home, with an abundance of indoor and outdoor spaces for gatherings and get-togethers, whether they be grand occasions or something more intimate. The moment you pass through the wooden doors and cross the bridge that spans the Koi Pond you are immediately transported miles away from the hustle and bustle of surrounding Seminyak. Bordered by palm trees, fragrant frangipanis and brilliantly coloured bougainvillea, there is certainly no shortage of cozy niches, both inside and out, for guests to explore.
A stay at Villa Kalimaya offers a captivating blend of luxury, recreation, privacy and exemplary service. Together, the Kalimaya villas offer 13 bedrooms – and may be rented separately or in a variety of flexible combinations – making these private villas the perfect choice for small families or large groups.
Fab Seminyak location
5 minutes' walk to beach and shops
Blissfully quiet and private
Loads of living space
Pool jacuzzi and infra-red sauna
"Our favorite place to holiday. 7 times we have come to Bali. We love the people, weather and warm hospitality. Thank you so much to Lena, Alit and team. We have loved our 12 nights with you all. We will be back."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 31-Jan-2019.
Features and amenities
- Air-conditioned and comfortable lounge and entertainment area located on the upper level which can be blacked out for a full home theatre experience
- Open-sided lounge pavilion
- Dining for ten and well-equipped kitchen on the ground level
- 18m x 8m swimming pool
- Covered poolside balé with large wooden table seating up to twenty guests
- Wooden decking area with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Smaller cushioned relaxation balé at the opposite end of the pool
- Large furnished balcony on the upper level for alfresco dining
- Generous manicured lawns
- Master bedroom located on second level featuring king-sized four-poster canopied bed, chaise longue and marble ensuite with Jacuzzi
- Twin room located across the hall from the master bedroom – ideal for kids or can accommodate one adult
- Second main bedroom on ground floor with king-sized four-poster canopied bed which opens onto the garden and features an indoor/outdoor ensuite with stand-alone tub and rain shower
- Three individual pavilions for additional privacy are light and airy and set discretely within the beautiful gardens
- Furnished with king-sized four-poster canopied beds
- Tropical ensuites with oversized bathtubs and rain showers
- TV and DVD player in each pavilion
Villa Kalimaya is located in the absolute heart of Seminyak, within short walking distance from some of the best known and iconic restaurants and bars on the island. Ku De Ta and Potato Head are literally at your doorstep and it’s just a stroll to the gorgeous beachside restaurant La Lucciola and the hot new dining favourite with both locals and expats, Petitenget. Take some time and explore some of the world-class boutiques and fabulous contemporary art galleries.
If you’re into surfing then the beach is just a few minutes away and boasts some serious world-class breaks and brilliant sunsets. Don’t miss out on a visit to Pura Petitenget, the fourth largest temple in Bali, where spectacular Balinese ceremonies may often be witnessed.
Things to do
Your villa manager has a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Kalimaya:
- Blessed with the best location in Bali, Villa Kalimaya is just around the corner from the famous ‘eat street’ and only 2 minutes walk from Ku De Ta, Seminyak Square and the new uber-hip Motel Mexicola. Fashionistas, trendies, shop-a-holics and foodies will be in heaven – with the villas being right in the middle of Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the wealth of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including W Hotel, Potato Head Beach Club, La Lucciola and newcomer Petitenget. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- Book a dynamic in-villa private yoga session with an Australian teacher or a private salsa lesson with Made, the best salsa dancer on the island.
- Enjoy a Balinese cooking class with our in-house chef and buy you wine from the villa cellar at wholesale prices.
- The villa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot (16.5km). Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (53km) (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. The beaches of Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions