Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud rests on the edge of a tranquil village among verdant rice fields just north of Ubud. Lovers of Bali will appreciate this four-bedroom two-storey oasis close to the island’s cultural heart. Set in a delightful tropical garden, terraced towards a small ravine, it offers peace, privacy and relaxing Bali-style indoor/outdoor living for up to 11 guests. The villa has two open and breezy living areas, a dining area with open-plan kitchen (and service kitchen tucked behind), a poolside balé, large garden balé, alfresco dining terrace, and a gym with separate massage room – ideal for a large family (or a group of friends holidaying together) to enjoy without getting under each other’s feet.
Shinta Dewi Ubud has been tastefully decorated by its owners, who have chosen top-quality furnishings and finishings – they holiday regularly at the villa themselves. The décor takes inspiration from the archipelago, with a wealth of natural materials crafted by Bali’s master artisans and a vibrant tropical colour palette that picks out the Flamboyant trees, bougainvillea and heliconia in the garden. The attention to detail is also admirable –everything from top-quality mattresses and linen in the bedrooms, multi-channel Sonos sound system in the living areas, and Champagne and Martini glasses in the chef’s kitchen.
The friendly staff includes a chef and team of butlers to cater to their guests’ every whim, whether preparing sunset cocktails, a leisurely lunch or candle-lit barbecue (chosen from a reasonably priced menu), or arranging activities and excursions such as in-villa massages, batik classes and river rafting. Guests also enjoy a twice-daily shuttle to Ubud, where an array of restaurants, galleries, boutiques, spas and cultural attractions await them.
Shinta Dewi Ubud is normally booked as a four-bedroom villa, but for smaller groups there’s a three-bedroom option where the bedroom adjoining the living room can be converted to a TV room/study.
Those looking to experience the best of Bali with a dual-location break split between the green hills and terraces of Ubud and the surf and sand of the south coast can book a stay at Shinta Dewi Ubud’s sister villa, four-bedroomed Shinta Dewi Seminyak.
Special discounted packages are available for guests booking both villas. Visit the Shinta Dewi website for details.
- Large fan-cooled living room with one side open to the pool terrace; modular seating, dining table for eight, guest washroom and open-plan guest kitchen
- Upper level fan-cooled open living room with modular seating, 50-inch TV and DVD player, and a bar service counter
- Media room off the downstairs living room, with 32-inch TV and DVD player, and shower room. (Can be set up as fourth bedroom)
- Air-conditioned gym with running machine, stationery cycle and weight bench
- 16-metre swimming pool lined with sun loungers and beanbags
- Poolside balé with table for four
- Barbecue terrace with table for eight and a large cushion-covered balé
- Large master suite with king-size bed (with trundle), dressing room and bathroom with twin basins, shower enclosure and bathtub
- Two guest bedrooms opening onto second level veranda, each with beds that can be configured as a king or twins, and with a trundle for extra guests.
- Garden level guest suite (with king or twin beds) can also be set up as a media room/study
- The three ensuite guest bathrooms have twin basins and a large shower enclosure
- All four bedrooms have both air-conditioning and ceiling fans, and are equipped with 32-inch TV, DVD player and a bar fridge
Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud rests on the edge of Tegallantang, a quiet village just north of Ubud. The villa looks towards a verdant wall of mature trees edging the ravine at the bottom of the garden. Life is unhurried in this peaceful rice-farming neighbourhood of Balinese families and traditional temples. Yet within a short walk are signs of more modern times – a growing number of excellent warungs (local cafés) and even a batik studio. A few kilometres south, central Ubud beckons with museums, galleries, temples, boutiques, restaurants and spas.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online