Villa Puri Bawana rejoices in the richness of rural Bali, just two kilometres from the beach in surfer-hipster Canggu on Bali’s south-west coast. Bordered by a tree-lined river, the six-bedroom villa revels in an abundance of space both indoors and out. Gently sloping gardens blend with the surrounding rice fields and present a wonderfully romantic setting for a wedding. Even the curved infinity-edge of the 30-metre swimming pool follows the contour of the rice terraces, and – if the timing is right – guests will have the opportunity to plant some Balinese rice.
Crafted from indigenous Palimanan and Serai stone, and capped with alang-alang thatch, the villa is a marriage of traditional Balinese style and contemporary tropical design, while sacrificing nothing in terms of creature comforts. The villa comprises a series of pavilions, including a remarkable open-living space modelled on a Balinese wantilan (village meeting place), an elevated dining pavilion, a TV lounge, two kitchens and six bedrooms (including a purpose-built bunkroom which can accommodate five children). Guests are looked after by a team of friendly staff that includes a chef, a cook and an experienced villa manager.
Pergola-covered walkways and steps link the beautiful buildings, and guests will find plenty of private spots for peace and relaxation throughout the estate. Maximising the spectacular views and the natural light, and catching the cool breezes even at the hottest time of year, Puri Bawana offers a blend of air-conditioned comfort and tropical open-air living. The villa’s layout, location and room configuration make it an especially flexible holiday choice – an idyllic wedding venue but equally ideal for large family groups and groups of friends.
- Expansive open-sided living pavilion overlooking the pool comfortably furnished with a variety of seating and relaxing options an dedicated washroom
- Open-sided dining pavilion with 14 seater wooden dining table commanding fabulous views of surrounding rice fields
- Entertainment/TV room with entertainment system, DJ corner and glass doors opening onto the pool deck
- Two fully-equipped kitchens; a state-of-the-art and a service kitchen
- 30m infinity pool with shallow end for kids lined with rustic blue and Java stone
- Palimanan stone pool deck with sun loungers and an open-sided balé
- Elevated balé in traditional breezy gazebo style
- Wide flat lawn ideal for weddings/parties/events
- Herb garden, rice terrace and amphitheatre
- King-sized four-poster bed with timber floors, high ceilings and sliding glass doors on three sides
- Spacious timber balcony overlooking rice fields furnished with daybeds
- Dressing area with wardrobes
- Hidden flat-screen TV/DVD
- Ensuite air-conditioned bathroom with black terrazzo floor, twin washbasins and walk-in rain shower
- Private garden extends form ensuite housing an open-air tub and shower
GUEST SUITES 2 & 3:
- Both located in the family wing; suite 2 is furnished with twin bed (convertible king bed), while suite three has a king bed
- Both feature glass on two sides of the room, cool terrazzo floors, daybeds, iPod docks, air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Private dressing areas and wardrobes
- Ensuites with double basins, indoor shower and toilet. Suite two is complimented by a private garden with open-air bathtub while suite three overlooks the pool with adjoining timber deck and open-air bathtub
GUEST SUITES 4 & 5:
- Housed within a two-story building, each is equipped with air-conditioning, ceiling fans, daybeds ad iPod docking stations
- Suite four is located on the lower level with a king-sized bed, walk-in wardrobe, and ensuite with floating vanity and shower, open-air bathroom with rain shower and outdoor bath.
- Suite five is located upstairs with beautiful rice terrace views, king-sized bed, soaring roof, dressing area, floating vanity unit. A private balcony houses the outdoor bathtub and there is an additional open-air shower
KIDS BUNK ROOM:
- Located to the rear of the entertainment room, below the dining pavilion
- Purpose-built set of five bunks makes a great kids' dorm
- Adjoining bathroom and WC with shower
Famous for its year-round surf breaks and rice terraces stretching down to the shoreline, the rural district of Canggu is fast evolving into Bali's hippest beachside scene. Within a kilometre of the villa, guests will find cool bars, coffee shops, and numerous eateries promoting healthy cuisine. At Echo Beach, there is a good choice of restaurants and cafes including The Beach House, offering a daily barbecue and live music on Sundays. Other vibrant music venues include Old Man’s, and Deus Ex Machina. For fit folks there is a dance school, a surf school, some yoga studios and three riding stables within just a few minutes' drive. For more decadent types, there’s also a chocolate shop, copious spas and beauty lounges, some super-chic beachwear boutiques, and the Canggu Deli for gourmet goodies – all within easy reach.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
NEIL H, HONG KONG