Stretching alongside a quiet river in a serene village, Villa Hansa is a divine retreat of refined privacy, vast space and delightful service; all just moments from the glittering volcanic sands of Pererenan beach.
This chic seven-bedroom villa is an elegant blend of tropical style and cool luxury overlooking a swathe of verdant rice paddies. It is a superb choice for extended families or groups of friends, with bedroom arrangements offering seclusion, interconnectedness or clusters. A professional team of staff including a private chef are on hand to prepare chilled drinks, delicious meals and give first-rate service.
The diamond in Villa Hansa’s crown is a huge antique Javanese joglo housing a lounge and dining area, private kitchen and bar, which has been restored into a luxurious living space packed with exquisite artefacts. Deep comfortable chairs sit beneath an extraordinary carved teak structure and ceiling-to-floor to glass captures the lush views.
An 18-metre pool, surrounded by sun loungers and stylish Indonesian daybeds, is positioned between the joglo and four bedrooms with king-size beds. A large open-fronted dining and living space with a big kitchen forms the casual social hub of the estate. In the gardens sits a shingle-roofed balé with a pool table and barbecue perfect for riverside cocktails, and an open-sided yoga studio is tucked alongside a Balinese temple that is tended to daily with flower offerings and incense.
Villa Hansa’s master suite occupies a lush corner of the grounds. Luxuriously adapted from a second repurposed joglo, the suite contains a king-size bed and features a private 12-metre pool, a quiet walled garden, and a chic bathroom with polished concrete, gorgeous hand-made tiles and a stone bath set within a fishpond. An adjoining TV room connects to an antique timber gladak furnished with elegant antiques and a four-poster netted daybed. Set on lawns in this quiet corner of the estate is a second timber gladak house that is ideal for teens or a guests who enjoy seclusion. This wonderfully romantic traditional Indonesian home has twin netted beds, an ensuite shower room and its own shaded veranda.
- A large dining room with seating for up to 20 guest
- Dining for up to eight guests in the joglo
- Bar with seating for four people
- Air conditioned joglo house with sofa and chairs
- Established tropical gardens with manicured lawns and seating
- Comfortable balé with barbecue and seating area
- Timber terraces furnished with daybeds
- 18-metre infinity pool with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Riverside yoga studio
- 12-metre private pool alongside master suite
- Located in a quiet and lush corner away from the main living areas
- Teak flooring and king-size bed below a rare central joglo carving
- Dressing room
- Air conditioned vanity area
- Open-sided bathroom with a rain shower, sunken bath and elegant lounge and seating
- Access to TV room that connects with a gladak bedroom
- Two air-conditioned and fan cooled rooms
- Gladak 1 connects to the master suite and has a queen-size daybed
- Gladak 2 has a single daybed but can be set up with a double bed (extra charge)
- Gladak 1 features an ensuite with a deep rectangular volcanic stone bathtub while Gladak 2 has a rain shower.
- Both lead onto beautiful lawns that are bordered by tropical gardens
- Two air-conditioned and fan cooled contemporary bedrooms
- King-size four-poster netted beds
- Walk-in wardrobes
- Private ensuite bathrooms with a round travertine tubs
- Large picture windows looking onto the garden
- Each has a sitting area
- The ground floor bedroom has a garden terrace
- Two rooms furnished with king-size four-poster beds
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled
- Hip stylish interiors with a chilled vibe
- A sofa in each room
- Ensuite bathroooms with round tubs, showers and internal gardens with flowering tropical plants
- Dressing rooms
Villa Hansa is situated alongside a gentle river bordered by beautiful rice terraces in rural Pererenan. The immediate vicinity offers a smattering of hip cafes as well as traditional local haunts, and the many new and exciting dining and shopping establishments of Canggu’s Jalan Batu Bolong area are only a couple of kilometres away.
A short stroll from the villa brings you to the glittering black sands of Pererenan beach, and it’s famous surf breaks. Visitors to this area will meet locals and be blessed with an insight into the extraordinary religious lifestyle of the Balinese. Echo Beach with its casual dining scene and cool surfside restaurants is just a short walk along the sand.
Just ten kilometres away is the famed Tanah Lot sea temple and the award-winning Greg Norman-designed Nirwana Bali Golf Course.
The fabulous international dining choices and irresistible shops of Seminyak are just 12 kilometres away.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
BRETT R, AUSTRALIA