The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Designed by renowned Balinese architect Popo Danes, The Longhouse clings dramatically to a hilltop in Jimbaran, with panoramic views stretching over the south coast of Bali. The inspired design integrates the contours of the land, resulting in an atmospheric three-storey labyrinth of tropical gardens, open-plan living spaces and lush atriums. Combining contemporary luxury with plenty of Asian flavour, the villa has been lovingly decorated by the owners, with an eclectic assortment of antiques and textiles gathered during their extensive travels across the Indonesian archipelago.
Six ensuite bedrooms have each been themed to a different region of Indonesia, all with expansive views and private outdoor areas. The living space on the top floor opens onto an infinity pool and forms the social hub of the villa – as well as being the best place to soak up the views. Early mornings reveal Bali’s chain of volcanoes looming in the distance, while evenings see the island ablaze with twinkling lights. A home cinema, spa room, 12-seater teak dining table and ample lounging space, make the villa perfect for groups and extended families. Those wishing to celebrate intimate weddings and events will also succumb to the villas whimsical charms.
Long-standing staff will welcome you like family, extending the heartfelt hospitality that the Balinese are famous for. Talented chefs prepare gourmet western/Asian cuisine from a suggestion menu and will happily grill up a decadent seafood barbecue or prepare a lavish Balinese feast. Adults and children alike will enjoy the plethora of in-house activities on offer, from learning to craft Balinese flower offerings, to kite flying, deluxe spa packages and private yoga classes.
The Longhouse is ideally situated for exploring The Bukit Peninsula, from the serene bay of Jimbaran, to the mighty cliffs and surf beaches at the island’s southern-most tip, all easily reached with the villa’s car and driver (extra charges apply).
Multi-levelled masterpiece of design
Spectacular hilltop vantage point
Impressive wine cellar
Excellent home cinema
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 05-May-2018.
Features and amenities
- Tropical, fan-cooled lounge pavilion opening onto pool and views
- Dining room with 180-degree views and table for 12
- Modern, fully equipped kitchen
- Air-conditioned, state-of-the-art home theatre
- Well-equipped gym
- Children’s play area
- Spa room with two massage beds and outdoor tub
- Elevator access to all floors
- 12 x 4 metre infinity pool
- Pool deck with sun loungers
- Manicured lawns and lushly landscaped gardens
- Pretty garden pergola
- Upper-level, air conditioned master suite with four-poster king bed
- Private plunge pool and terrace
- Study room with satellite TV
- Bathroom with walk-in shower and large bathtub
- Private garden with water feature
Lombok, Sumatra and Sumba Rooms
- Garden-level, air-conditioned rooms with four-poster king beds
- Sliding glass doors opening onto garden
- Satellite TVs
- Indoor/outdoor bathrooms with walk-in showers and large bathtubs
East & West Java Rooms
- Garden-level, air-conditioned rooms
- Twin beds (convertible to kings)
- Sliding glass doors opening onto garden
- Ensuite bathrooms with rain showers
- Shared, open-fronted sitting area
Things to do
One of the things that makes The Longhouse special is our abundance of optional in-house activities for the enjoyment of both young and old. Activities include cooking classes, making Canang floral offering baskets, in-house cultural performances, a private visit to a traditional Balinese home and many, many others that are available only to our in-house guests. A stay at The Longhouse provides a unique opportunity to experience the real Bali.
On check-in, guests are provided with our insider’s list of “Things to do and see near the Longhouse” and our villa manager will be pleased to help organise sight-seeing trips and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Play a round of golf at nearby New Kuta Golf Course where charming lady caddys will accompany you. Or head over to Tanah Lot (34km) and the unbelievably scenic, award-winning Nirwana Bali Golf Course. Bordered by ocean and rice fields.
- A day of fishing can be arranged from boat owners at Benoa Bay. Start early in the morning for a lovely voyage and bring back your catch to be cooked by the Longhouse chefs. Tanjung Benoa is also a haven for water sports, from jet skis, to water skiing and snorkelling.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs 'Make and Paint a Pot' sessions where 'Children' of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- Sign yourself up at Padang Padang surf school, the only one on The Bukit. Most lessons take place at Dreamland or Padang Padang beaches, with the options of Uluwatu and Balangan depending on ability and the conditions on the day
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali's bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit Denpasar's vibrant markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Visit the ancient temple of Pura Luhur Uluwatu, balanced on the very edge of a narrow rocky cape. The temple is particularly sacred to fishermen, who come here to pray to the sea goddess, Dewi Laut. Legend has it that the temple is actually a ship turned to stone and for sure, the grey volcanic rock, glowing with the radiant colours of the setting sun, will leave you with a lasting and haunting memory of spiritual Bali. The temple is also the setting for nightly Kecak dances, which dramatically choreograph an episode from the Hindu epic, the Ramayana.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku De Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Nusa Dua Beach is without doubt one of the cleanest and longest in southern Bali. Here, as well as enjoying a swim in the calm reef-protected water, you can wind surf, surf, kayak, jet ski and para-sail. Quicksilver run daily tours to Nusa Penida island (world-class diving destination and home of the fabulous mola-mola sunfish) from nearby.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions