Set in a beautiful rural area of rice fields and jungle-clad river valleys in Tabanan, this splendid five-bedroom villa occupies an expansive estate flowing down a terraced hillside in the hinterland of southwest Bali. The Arsana Estate offers the perfect setting for weddings, events, or large family and group retreats as it blends an exceptional location with outstanding facilities and an exceptional team of villa staff.
Arsana is a completely self-contained villa, giving guests no real need to venture out at all, but a visit to the nearby village – one of the prettiest in Bali – and experience a true example of Balinese community and village life should not be missed.
The very name of the villa describes its thoughtful layout. Arsana means ‘flow’ in Sanskrit, and not only does the villa’s name aptly describe the way The Arsana Estate’s individual bedroom and living pavilions cascade down the hillside into the nearby valley, but also the Sungi River that meanders past its lower boundary. Water features abound at The Arsana Estate, where ponds, water walls, waterfalls, and an 18m x 8m swimming pool with a separate children’s section will refresh, relax and delight villa guests.
The villa’s sleek modern structures, with their ironwood shingle roofs and abundance of glass, reflect the ambiance of the location and the purity of the natural surroundings, while the interiors are characterised with a bold use of colour and luxurious furnishings. A fully stocked bar with red lanterns and matching cushioned bar stools is an socialising focal point, as is the home theatre and games room complete with a pool table. Valuable and renowned artworks line much of what solid wall space there is, while the front facade of the living pavilion is an abstract notion of floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows that remain open to the elements. The villa’s five double bedroom suites - all containing annexes suitable for children – are each housed in their own private stand-alone pavilion and spread leisurely across the terraces of the estate.
Fully outfitted for families, with an abundance of children’s toys, plus games and activities for adults too, this stunning sanctuary with its team of personal butlers, housekeepers and chefs, offers guests nothing but pleasure and relaxation.
- Large living room and bar area with glass doors opening onto an expansive terrace
- Well-stocked granite cocktail bar for parties
- Dining room seating twelve at a glass-topped table and adjoining terraced breakfast pergola seating ten
- Terrazzo and stainless steel kitchen with L-shaped counter seating eight
- Spacious home theatre complete with 60inch satellite TV, DVD, Wii, surround sound and comfortable couches
- Games room with pool table and a cupboard full of games and adjoining washroom
- Expansive terraced lawns
- Large sunny terrace flowing from the main pavilion
- 18 x 8m infinity-edge swimming pool with children’s pool at one end
- Two ironwood decks with outdoor furnishings and sunbeds
- Poolside stone lounge and bar complete with lounges, outdoor bar and dining and separate washroom and shower room
- Two shady massage annexes and two bales
- Master bedroom with king-sized bed, dressing area and bathroom complete with sunken tub and monsoon shower, TV room with daybed and glass-walled study and open-air sunken lounge
- Adjoining second room with daybed (converting from twin beds to double bed easily)
- Satellite TV and DVD
- The three guest suites are housed in separate pavilions and are furnished with king-sized beds, one of which converts into twin beds
- Covered adjoining terraces with armchairs
- Large bathrooms with twin wash basins, storage and dressing rooms
- Satellite TV and DVD
- Sleeps 6 children and 2 adults or a large family, has three bunk beds and one twin set of beds (can be combined to create a king)
- Large bathroom with twin wash basins, storage and dressing rooms
- Satellite TV and DVD
The Arsana is located 11km from Tanah Lot sea temple, in the sleepy village of Tohjiwa Nyambu in the Tabanan Regency. This beautiful rural area of rice fields and jungle-clad river valleys, is a nature lovers’ paradise. The enchanting village of Tohjiwa Nyambu is a stunning example of a traditional Balinese community, and is regarded as one of the prettiest villages on the island. The area is great for cycling (bicycles are available at the villa for guest use) and, by taking advantage of this facility, guests can enjoy a privileged insight into the agricultural, religious and daily life of the villagers. ‘Nirwana Bali Golf Course’ (10km) was designed by Greg Norman and voted the number one golf course in Asia. The coastline (11km) is rugged and the beaches more suited to surfing than swimming.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
LISA S, NEW ZEALAND