Traditional Indonesia gets a contemporary twist at fully staffed Villa Oost Indies. Set in an exclusive private estate just a gentle stroll from the fabulous boutiques, bars and restaurants of ‘eat street’, this luxurious three-bedroomed villa is fabulously positioned to take in all the fun of buzzing Seminyak. Iconic beach club Ku De Ta is just a few hundred metres away, as is Petitenget Beach and its majestic Hindu temple.
Villa Oost (‘East’) Indies is an ode to Indonesia, with its Javanese colonial-style design, long shady verandas furnished with plantation chairs, and bedrooms clad in solid teakwood. Evocative antiques and artwork from Indonesia and the Orient include elaborately carved wood panels, stone statues, hand painted silks and vintage travel posters. At its core, a 100-year-old Javanese joglo (traditional wooden house) provides an atmospheric living and dining area, surrounded by a lagoon-style swimming pool. A privileged rarity in this bustling corner of Bali, Villa Oost Indies also has a large lawned garden fringed with bamboo, pandanus palms and tropical foliage.
Popular with families, there is plenty of space at Villa Oost Indies for kids to spread their wings, and enchanting courtyard gardens that beg to be explored. Adults will also find ample room to relax, with spacious bedrooms that include large dressing rooms opening onto beautiful bathrooms tiled in creamy Palimanan stone. Two bedrooms have adjoining private sitting rooms with sofa beds, while a third bedroom has the option of king or twin beds.
The warm ambiance of this villa makes it feel more like a beautiful family home than a holiday rental, and indeed friendly Balinese staff will welcome you like family. A private chef prepares gourmet meals from a suggestion menu and an efficient villa manager will happily arrange trips around the island and anything else you desire.
- Antique joglo living and dining pavilion overlooking the pool and gardens
- Indoor dining for eight
- Coffee tables strewn with books and magazines
- Evocative antiques and artwork
- Teakwood bar with five bar stools
- Well-equipped kitchen with black granite counters
- 8-metre lagoon-style swimming pool fringed by lush greenery and lawns
- Four deck chairs shaded by sunbrellas
- Outdoor dining table in shady grove
- Two courtyard gardens brimming with tropical foliage
- King-sized four-poster beds
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Spacious walk-through dressing rooms
- Bathrooms with twin vanities, antique washstands, monsoon showers
- Private verandas overlooking the pool
- LCD TV, WiFi, iPod dock
- Mini bars (on guest account)
- Private sitting rooms with sofa, desk and TV
GUEST BEDROOM IN PRIVATE WING
- King-sized bed convertible to twins
- Customised corner sofa
- Desk and occasional furniture
- Dressing room/bathroom with monsoon shower
- LCD TV, DVD player, WiFi, iPod dock
- Private ironwood deck with table and chairs
Villa Oost Indies is located in Seminyak’s golden triangle. The epicentre of Bali’s nightlife, this hip district is also home to exclusive resorts, cool beach clubs, buzzing bars, world-class restaurants and a plethora of designer boutiques, colourful homeware stores and lush spas. The villa is set on a shady lane in an exclusive secure estate just a few hundred metres from Petitenget Beach and its ancient temple. Some of the island’s most famous restaurants are just minutes walk from the villa, including La Lucciola, Ku De Ta, Teatro Gastroteque, and the charming Petitenget Restaurant & Bar. A short taxi ride will bring you to all the boutiques of the Oberoi district, while The Village – Bali’s newest upmarket shopping mall – is just a five minute walk away.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
DIANE H, AUSTRALIA