The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Poised above the beach near the delightful village of Cemagi on Bali’s southwest coast, Villa Ombak Laut luxuriates over expansive grounds creating a private retreat perfect for families and groups seeking a peaceful and relaxing holiday. With uninterrupted ocean views across glistening black sands and a rocky outcrop baring a revered sea temple, this striking six-bedroom villa enjoys one of the most spectacular vistas in Bali. Rolling tropical gardens featuring two dazzling swimming pools, an immaculate tennis court, a romantic sunset balé, spacious, comfortable living and sleeping pavilions, and five-star service, make this breathtaking villa an ideal holiday choice in Bali.
Carefully designed to capture the sea breeze and the ocean views, Villa Ombak Laut features individual living and sleeping pavilions with high-vaulted ceilings and alang-alang thatched roofs.
Blessed with incredible sunsets, views over neighbouring rice terraces, the hypnotic sounds of crashing waves and glimpses of traditional village life, Villa Ombak Laut is a place you will never forget.
Complementing the luxurious living areas, are the impressive sprawling grounds of Villa Ombak Laut. From the rolling manicured lawns to the perfectly positioned sunset balé, guests breathe in the wild beauty of this dramatic coastline. If the novelty of relaxing by the two sparkling swimming pools wears off, guests have access to a private tennis court, a games room with billiard table, table tennis and bicycles for exploring the surrounding rice fields and villages.
Completing the villa experience, Ombak Laut offers exceptional five-star service, with an experienced team of staff available around the clock to cater for guest’s every desire.
Enchanting ocean setting
Immaculate tropical gardens
Space and privacy for all
Impressive range of facilities
Confident, adept staff team
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 05-May-2018.
Features and amenities
- Traditional open-sided living pavilion with thatched high-vaulted roof, luxurious lounging areas and cooled by ceiling fans and the sea breeze
- Dining room seating 12 at a solid teak wood table
- Glass sliding doors leading onto the terrace and pool
- Fully-equipped kitchen with modern and stainless steel appliances
- Air-conditioned games room equipped with billiard table, 43inch satellite TV with Bose CD/DVD player and iPod connection
- Absolute beachfront location with beautifully landscaped gardens and soft rolling lawns perfect for events
- 18m infinity-edge swimming pool with terrace furnished with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Sunset balé atop a large grassed area
- Tennis court
Master Bedroom Pavilion
- Split over three levels, the master bedroom pavilion features teak flooring, alang-alang thatched roof and stunning ocean views from a private balcony
- King-sized bedroom located upstairs with super king-sized bed draped in mosquito netting
- Cosy study with 27inch TV, Bose stereo-system, piano, library
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled
- Two guest pavilions located behind the living/dining area with thatched roofs and wooden floors
- King-sized four-poster beds with mosquito netting ceiling fans, ensuite bathrooms with a small patio
- Two additional guest bedrooms located behind the games room are perfect for children with twin beds, glass sliding doors onto the garden and semi-outdoor bathrooms
Gladak Guest House
- Private antique Javanese building
- King-sized four-poster bed draped with mosquito netting
- Has a daybed, sofa and guest chairs
- Rustic ensuite bathroom with terrazzo bathtub and a rain shower enclosed by wooden panelling
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled
Villa Ombak Laut is unrivalled when it comes to location. The villa is situated by Cemagi Beach, renowned for its black volcanic sands, craggy rocks and the mesmerising sea temple, Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus. Here guests are treated to incredible sunsets and views all the way to the Bukit Peninsula. The beach is great for daily walks and running but is not safe for swimming. Surfers need only go a few kilometres south for some of the best surf on the island.
With only a handful of other villas and rice fields as neighbours, Villa Ombak Laut is quiet and peaceful; the perfect location for a bike ride or walk to experience the ‘real’ Bali with its colourful ceremonies and pretty villages. The villa is half an hour’s drive away from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak, yet easily reachable courtesy of the villa’s car and driver (extra cost applies). Canggu, with its burst of hip new places to eat, drink and shop, is even closer.
Things to do
Villa Ombak Laut’s manager, Wayan, will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them are from nearby villages and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Ombak Laut is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot (9km). Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Fashionistas, trendies shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including, Potato Head Beach club, La Luciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- Play a round at the unbelievably scenic Nirwana Bali Golf Course. Bordered by ocean and rice fields and just down from Tanah Lot sea temple, no wonder this championship-standard course (designed by golf legend, Greg Norman) is frequently voted number one in Asia.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. The beaches of Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions