Those yearning for lashings of style and a stand-out Seminyak location a heartbeat from La Lucciola, Kue De Ta and the Breeze at Samaya need look no further than Villa Adasa. This beautifully designed three-bedroom villa is coccooned within the exclusive Laksmana Estate moments from Bali’s most famous restaurants, bars and boutiques. Yet such is its charm, you might find it difficult to step beyond its grand bronze-handled doors.
An oasis of repose, Adasa reveals the influence of traditional Balinese architecture in the magnificent open-sided vaulted living pavilion and the liberal use of local materials (alang-alang roof, Palimanan stone walls, floors of terrazzo and polished teakwood). The interiors are achingly chic – black and white prints of 1930 Bali balance batik cushions in wild contrasting colours, an antique mirror reflects the bowls of orchids adorning the large dining table, Turkish and Tibetan rugs ripple across acres of floor. In contrast to such traditional touches yet completely in keeping with the clean contemporary lines are welcome 21st Century luxuries like Satelite TVs, Sonos music system and Bose sound system. There’s luxury in the sense of space too – entertaining is a breeze, yet myriad terraces, balconies and private spaces provide quieter areas of retreat.
Adasa means ‘ten’ in Balinese – and top marks must go to the villa staff too, for whom nothing is too much trouble, no detail is overlooked. The chef’s ability to create five-course dinners or seafood BBQs is legendary and the poolside bar counter sees a lot of butler bartending activity (the master bedroom loggia is just the spot for sunset cocktails)
This is a glamorous ‘grown-up’ villa and perfect for a group of friends who want to be in the thick of the action, yet families with kids, especially teenagers who appreciate the freedom to wander down to the beach in minutes, will not feel short-changed.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|01 Sep 2016 to 15 Dec 2016||725 ++||616 ++||3 nights|
|16 Dec 2016 to 25 Dec 2016||875 ++||788 ++||5 nights|
|26 Dec 2016 to 02 Jan 2017||1,195 ++||1,135 ++||7 nights|
- Huge 80sqm open-sided living pavilion with soaring vaulted alang-alang (thatched) roof
- Plush cream sofas covered with colourful scatter cushions
- Dining table and eight chairs
- Wireless Sonos music system and Bose sound system
- Professional kitchen with poolside bar counter
- 7m x 4m greenstone-tiled swimming pool
- Poolside bale with two kingsize daybeds
- Sun-bathing lawn with loungers and parasols
- Private raised terrace with pool shower
- Glamorous master bedroom suite occupies the entire second level of the two-storey bedroom wing
- King-size bed with goosedown duvet/pillows and luxury cotton bedding
- Dressing area, study and TV sitting area
- TV, DVD, Bose sound system
- Full width terrace with built in seating and sunset views
- Large bathroom with statement terrazzo bath set before doors to the terrace
- Two bedrooms opening onto the pool terrace
- King-size beds (can be split to create twins)
- Sandstone shower rooms with indoor garden
Villa Adasa is located in the Laksmana enclave, an exclusive gated community with round-the-clock security in the heart of Seminyak’s ‘Golden Triangle’ – the chicest area on Bali’s south-western coast. Only 200m from the beach, the villa is a short stroll from some of the best restaurants and bars on the island, including La Lucciola, Petitenget, Metis, Sarong, Ku De Ta and Potato Head. (The Miele Guide rates Ku De Ta and Sarong in the top 20 restaurants in Asia). Also within walking distance are boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas – the famed Jari Menari will even send a therapist to the villa so guests enjoy spa treatments in privacy. Close by is Pura Petitenget, one of Bali’s most sacred temples and the site of some spectacular ceremonies.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
FRANKIE D, NETHERLANDS