Set within an enchanted courtyard garden brimming with frangipani, heliconia and hibiscus, Solo is the most intimate of Lakshmi villas, and also the most romantic, making it an ideal hideaway for honeymooners. Its tranquil setting belies a convenient location right in the thick of Seminyak; a district famed for its golden sandy beach, world class restaurants, trendy bars and designer boutiques.
The villa takes its name from the historic city of Solo in Central Java, known as the cradle of Javanese culture and famed for its distinctive batiks. A contemporary Balinese design celebrates tropical living, with an open-sided living pavilion with soaring ceilings overlooking the swimming pool fringed in lush greenery. A spacious air-conditioned bedroom comes with sitting area, satellite TV and DVD player and delightful garden bathroom. Those looking for extra space can rent Villa Solo in conjunction with the adjacent two-bedroomed Villa Kawi, connected by a garden door. Or larger groups can benefit from adding Villa Toba (two bedroom) and Villa Ubud (two bedroom) to gain up to 7 bedrooms. Lakshmi Villas are all within close proximity of each other in this exclusive enclave, however they still retain their individual privacy. Check at www.lakshmivillas.com.
Our long-standing staff provide a warm welcome and a discreet, professional service, and include a 24 hour butler and a full-time manager, who will take care of all your holiday needs, from car rental to tour bookings and restaurant reservations. The villa has its own private kitchen, with mini bar and complimentary tea and coffee, while our Executive Chef prepares tasty meals in the master kitchen from an extensive a la carte menu that includes western and Asian dishes. He is also happy to accommodate any special requests – from four-course feasts to poolside barbecues.
Whether you want to stroll down to the world class dining venues of ‘eat street,’ shop till you drop, lounge on the beach, or sip cocktails at sunset, the opportunities that come with a stay at Villa Solo are endless.
- Open-sided living and dining pavilion rests poolside with a soaring roof above a cool terrazzo floor
- Comfy, fan-cooled sitting area with a cushioned rattan lounge suite
- Fan-cooled dining area with a table for four
- Integrated kitchen equipped with a two-burner gas hob, fridge and microwave (additionally a staffed and fully-equipped service kitchen serves all four of the Laksmi Villas)
- 7m swimming pool
- Small timber sundeck furnished with two sunloungers and an umbrella
- Stone-carved waterspouts provide the serene sound of running water
- High garden walls bordered by flowering shrubs, two frangipani trees and a travellers' palm
- Barbeque for alfresco feasting
- An interconnecting door links Villa Solo with the villa next door, offering a three-bedroom renting option with two pools
- Air-conditioned bedroom with a canopied king-size bed
- 31-inch satellite-channel TV and DVD/CD player
- Integrated study/sitting area furnished with a cushioned daybed, desk and chair
- Ensuite open-air bathroom planted with yucca palms, and fitted with a walk-in rainshower and a bathtub for two
Lakshmi villas are part of the Laksmana Private Villas Estate, with a number of villas located along a picturesque tree-lined lane. Many of Seminyak’s attractions are within easy walking distance. A gate at the back of the estate grants quick access to Seminyak Square, with a number of restaurants and boutiques, as well as a bakery and gourmet supermarket. Alternatively, wander down the lane and turn left for the golden sandy beach at Oberoi, legendary beach club Ku De Ta – still the island’s hottest sunset spot, and a number of boutiques and restaurants, including Teatro Gastroteque which provides one of Bali’s most exciting dining experiences. Turn right for the funky neighbourhood known as Petitenget, with its ancient sea temple, La Lucciola with atmospheric beachfront Italian dining and Motel Mexicola which serves Mexican-themed food in colourful retro surrounds. Wine lovers can stroll to Vin+, a restaurant and wine boutique which offers the most extensive selection of retail wines on the island. While those in search of a decadent spa or salon treatment can pop into Body Works – one of the Bali’s most renowned day spas.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
NATALIE V, AUSTRALIA