Hidden from view along a quiet side street, equidistant from Seminyak's buzzy boutique-and-restaurant-packed 'Eat Street' and the expansive Petitenget Beach, is the city-slick, three-bedroom Villa Eshara I.
This single-storey property is totally private and self-contained with its own beautifully carved entrance, a living and dining room with integrated kitchen, garden and 12-metre swimming pool flanked by towering coconut palms, fire bowls, and a timber pool deck. Although the architectural materials are natural and neutral – characterised by soaring roofs and an abundance of glass – the villa's décor and furnishings are colourful, eclectic and sumptuous. From the shimmering Swarovski crystal chandeliers that illuminate the solid wood dining table for 12, to the cowhide chairs, sinuous sofas, vivid artwork, humdinger sculptures and ethnic artefacts, Villa Eshara's interiors are the epitome of sleek designer-chic and pared-back luxe. Bedrooms continue the cool and contemporary concept, presenting king-size beds, dressing areas and wall-mounted TVs.
Light bounces from the mirrored walls of the marble-enhanced ensuite bathrooms, two of which have bathtubs and indoor monsoon showers, while the third bedroom has two showers offering an indoor and outdoor option.
Comfort, slick service and up-to-the-minute facilities are par for the course at this private pleasure pad. Personal butlers, an in-house chef, modern audio-visual equipment and iPod docks, in-villa spa treatments, complimentary WiFi, and a menu of tasty Asian and European cuisine will entice guests with an engaging blend of sensual delights.
Finally, large groups will be happy to learn that Eshara I is one of a group of three villas that can be mixed, matched, united or divided to provide anything from a two-bedroom to an eight-bedroom renting option, all connected by an innovative system of retractable garden walls.
- Massive living and dining space with hardwood floors and a soaring ceiling
- Tasteful, elegant and bright with a wall of glass doors
- Cooled by ceiling fans and furnished with a long wooden dining table for 12
- Huge comfortable sofas
- Open-plan kitchen equipped for guest use
- 12-metre swimming pool surrounded by a wooden deck topped with loungers, sofas and sunshades,
- Tropical garden with coconut palms, frangipanis and flowering plants
- Bright master bedroom with large sliding glass doors, hardwood floors and high ceiling
- Furnished with a king-size bed
- Ensuite bathroom with large tub and wall of glass looking out to stone figurine fountains
- Guestroom One is twin-bedded room (converts to a king) and perfect for kids.
- Zen-like pebble garden bordered with bamboo
- Deep soaking tub in marble ensuite bathroom
- Guestroom Two, decorated in natural earth tones. looks out across to the pool
- King-size bed under a high wooden ceiling
- Elegant ensuite bathroom with the option of indoor and outdoor showers
Hidden down a quiet lane, equidistant from Seminyak’s famous ‘Eat Street’ and the expansive Petitenget Beach, Villa Eshara is just 300 metres away from a staggering array of hedonistic pleasures. From designer boutiques and day spas to beach bars, fine dining restaurants, cheap and cheerful cafes, and pulsating nightspots, good times are never much more than a moment away. Taxis continually cruise along the main thoroughfare, which is also where guests will find two tourist markets selling leisurewear, bags and accessories, a pedestrianised shopping centre, ATMs, a deli, and several convenience stores.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
EMILY H, AUSTRALIA