Villa Bali Bali is a trio of residences set in extensive gardens fronting rice fields in Umalas, just north of Seminyak, on Bali’s south-west coast. An architectural tour de force and a unique expression of contemporary Bali style, these villas are amongst the most recognisable on the island. Villa Bali Bali offers seven bedrooms in total and can sleep up to 14 adults. The complex is set in lush tropical gardens and shares two pools and multiple living and dining areas.
Villa Bali Bali comprises a three-bedroomed villa and a two-bedroomed villa, both of which may be rented together or separately with a two-bedroom cottage. The villas are screened from one another by natural foliage and the whole complex is ideal for large groups of friends or families who want to get together socially but also have their own privacy.
The villas feature dramatically pitched roofs of ironwood shingle, split levels, and strongly angled walls that sculpt these iconic residences into interesting and unusual living spaces. Strong, clean lines, a simple palette of ivory and grey, and an interplay of polished teakwood, Palimanan and lava stone allow the contemporary interiors to flow seamlessly into the surrounding landscape.
Each villa has its own pool and tropical garden shrouded in lush foliage. The huge garden of the largest villa is a fantastic place to mingle; a lawn of silky soft Japanese grass unfurls towards a half-moon swimming pool with suntrap terrace and shaded balé. At night the aura across the complex is romantic, intimate and utterly alluring, and the songs of cicadas pierce the fragrant night air.
Villa Bali Bali’s dedicated staff team take care of the provisioning and cooking, allowing you to relax. And, if you fancy a change of scene, Metis, Sarong, La Lucciola and many other Seminyak restaurants are just a 15-minute drive away.
Click on these links to find out more about the three-bedroomed Bali Bali One and the two-bedroomed villas Bali Bali Two and Bali Bali Cottage, or visit the Villa Bali Bali website to see how the villas can be combined to meet your holiday requirements.
- The villas share a lush tropical garden yet hedges of natural foliage grant privacy. Pathways connect the villas to each other.
- Living rooms opening onto the garden, with teak floors, sloping roofs, built-in cushioned sofas and rustic coffee tables
- Semi alfresco dining rooms with pebbled floors
- Cosy mezzanine entertainment lounges in villas one and two, with 21-inch Satellite TV/DVD player and sound system
- Ground floor TV lounge in the cottage, opening onto the garden
- Antiques, tribal artefacts and ethnic wall hangings adorn the villas
- Self-contained kitchens with teak cabinets and modern appliances
- Freeform pools in the two villas, and a courtyard plunge pool in the cottage
- Pool decks furnished with sun beds and adjacent balés (pavilions)
- Beautifully manicured gardens with gently sloping lawns planted with travellers palms, sweet scented frangipani and bougainvillea
- Stunning rice-field views, and vistas of the mountains on a clear day
- A total of seven bedrooms: four with king-size beds, one with a queen-sized bed, one double, one twin, plus a single (kids/nanny) bedroom
- Bedrooms are fitted with built-in wardrobes. Some bedrooms open onto the garden or pool terrace
- A few bedrooms share bathrooms with walk-in showers while others have private ensuites (some alfresco) featuring sunken terrazzo tubs
- All bedrooms are air conditioned
Villa Bali Bali is located in a quiet residential area between the traditional villages of Umalas and Banjar Semer on Bali’s south-west coast. The estate is set well off the road down a private drive lined with tall palms, and faces rice terraces across the garden. There are a few small cafés within walking distance, and many more a kilometre to the north in Canggu. Bali’s finest restaurants such as Metis, Sarong, Sardine and La Lucciola are just six kilometres to the south in chic Seminyak – a 15-minute drive away.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
FABIO ROSSI, HONG KONG